1. Deadline for submitting your films in the International short film Competition and Children short film competition is February 28th 2018.
2. Deadline for submitting your films in the National Competition, Workshop films and student projects (Cypriots only) is May 27th 2018.
3. Festivals official section is curetted by the artistic director of the Festival.
4. Short films must not exceed 40 minutes in length.
5. Short films must be completed after January 1st, 2017. The right to participate is reserved to films being screened for the first time in Cyprus.
6. Monetary prizes accompanying the festival awards will be given to the directors of the winning films.
7. Films will be screened in their original language.
8. Films containing dialogue in any language other than English must be submitted with English subtitles.
9. When notified their film has been chosen to participate in the festival, the producers or directors are required to send a copy of the film in the screening format stated in the entry form.
10. Film excerpts of no more than 10% of the total running time will be used for publicity (internet, TV, etc).
11. The producer or the school or the world sales company cannot withdraw the film from the festival once participation has been officially confirmed.
12. After the selection of the artistic director all the successful entrants will be notified of their inclusion in the festival. Due to the large amounts of submissions that the festival receives we are unable to give comments on individual films prior to submission or offer feedback for unsuccessful entries.
13. The decisions of the international jury regarding the awards will be announced to the winning directors, the festival website and the press.
14. Producers and directors of films chosen to participate in the festival are expected to give their permission to Views of the World to screen their works at the Aspects of the Fantastic film tour, provided that screenings are non-profit.
15. Awarded authors are expected to mention the award in the promotion materials of their film, both in their country of origin and abroad.
16. The Festival wants as many filmmakers, artists and authors to visit the event. For participating international films, we offer accommodation for one guest per film (up to three nights), unless agreed otherwise. For Cypriot filmmakers we are able to arrange discounts at local hotels or apartments for the duration of the festival, unless agreed otherwise.
17. By submitting your film you will be asked to register your contact and film details. These details will only be shared with Animafest Cyprus. Animafest Cyprus, ensures this information will never be used for anything other than direct contact from the festival and will never be shared with anyone else.
18. All the festival entries may be stored in the festival archive and used for research and educational purposes. Animafest Cyprus will never use a film that permission has not been granted for.
19. There is no application fee.
By participating in the festival you agree with all that has been stated above.